Thursday, June 9, 2016

Oshkosh miscellany

Went to Menomonie Park for a walk and stopped by the zoo.  One clear way to make an ass of yourself is to try to get a long exposure photograph of a donkey. This is a miniature horse. After standing still munching hay for about 10 minutes, the donkey decided to move when I opened the shutter.


Ardy and Ed's is an Oshkosh landmark "since 1948" and pretty much unchanged.  The carhops are on roller skates. Kind of rare when you get spot where you're not too close to get it all in the frame, but when there aren't several cars in front of you.


Since the wilt that wiped out impatiens, Sarah has to put geraniums in the window boxes.  Here she is selecting them in the greenhouse at Fernau's.



At Hrnak's, another local Garden Center, she found this giant hanging arrangement on sale for $19.



Last summer I repaired and painted the rest of the garage, but by the time I got to the south wall it was covered with plants, so I waited until this spring. Kind of reminds me of Renoir's nudes, except I'm an old man and do have shorts on.


All with the Populist. .15mm pinhole 24mm from 24x36mm frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment