Wednesday, January 1, 2020

From f295: On the fourth day he rested,

F295 was an international discussion forum begun and administered by Tom Persinger. Originally just about pinhole photography, it expanded into all kinds of alternative methods.  It was active from 2004 until 2015 but it remains on-line. Recently it disappeared from the web for a few days, and that prompted me to decide to reprise some of my favorites here at Pinholica, for backup if no other reason.

During the break between Christmas and New Year’s in 2007, I made five Populists to give as premiums for a contribution to support f295. I finished them and posted about it on New Years Eve. Every year on f295, there was a special forum for pictures done on New Year’s Day, kind of a members only version of Pinhole Day. I posted this under the title “On the fourth day he rested” on January 3rd, 2008

I have to say I had an enjoyable time working on getting a picture for the New Year's Day gallery. No braving the cold for me. I spent most of the day watching movies on TV and reading.

I really didn't even have to get up if I didn't want to.

Here are Sarah and I lounging in bed about 10:30. Cats coming and going thoughout the exposure.

The Stereo Populist. Set up for crossed eyes. About 10 minutes exposure

This is where the TV watching and reading took place. The chair which is enjoying the comfy environment with me is just to the left of the camera here.

The prints on the wall are from my earlier period in the late '70's-early '80's using an alternative optical scheme.

The Populist. about 10 minutes. 

Maybe this will make it more real for you.

The Stereo Populist, about 10 minutes, set up for crossed eye viewing. 

Here's a shot of the plants you can see both in the above photos and the New's Years Gallery photo during the brief period when the sun rose over the house next door and shone on the sun room windows.

The Populist, about three minutes exposure. 

I did have to compete with Spenser for this spot on the couch for a while, but he's as crazy as a Minnesota pinholer and kept going out on the back porch and coming back in all day.

The Populist. about 10 minutes.

Stewart is a much more sensible kitty and slept on a chair in the living room most of the day.

The Stereo Populist. Set up for crossed eye viewing. about ten minutes exposure. (He was really fast asleep, but he spends most afternoons that way.)

Even the ceramic kitties from the Metallica tableau in the kitchen were provided with a little extra comfort.

The Populist, about 10 minutes exposure.

And of course one has to eat.

The Populist, exposure as long as we spent having lunch.

I have been taking guitar lessons for past six months (and I'm only on page thirty-eight), so I did have to venture down stairs in the cold to practice.

The Populist. Exposed while playing scales and exercises and working on "Waltz in F"

All in all a pretty good day.

And in case you were wondering, here’s the photograph I submitted to the New Year’s Gallery.





No comments:

Post a Comment