Friday, September 30, 2016

Portra 160 in the Evil Cube.

Last Christmas, Sarah gave me 10 rolls of Portra 160, which I had never used before, in 120 format. I was already planning the Evil Cube and it's been in the freezer since. After I certified the camera for light-tightness and reliability of the film transport, I started exploring the new film.

So, I started down the garden path again, right after a brief, but intense thunder storm.


A classic bowl of fruit.


Fruit on the vine.


The door to Sarah's studio.  To get this image, the door needs to be closed, so I had to set up the shot, open the shutter, open the door and get out without whacking the tripod, close the door, and reverse the process a half hour later.


This isn't exactly the composition I was planning, but there's not a lot of room to get behind a fully extended tripod in a bathtub, and I kind of like the geometric composition that resulted.


The promised color retake of a piece from a previous post. You can see why color tells a much different story than the black and white version.


And, the corner of the bedroom. I think this image represents much of what I want to achieve with this camera.


All with the Evil Cube, .29mm pinhole, 6 cm from 6x6cm frame on Portra 160.

No comments:

Post a Comment