Monday, June 13, 2016

The calm after the storm.

We've been having a pretty rainy June. (It's raining now.)  Over a couple of days we had waves of thunderstorms coming every 10 hours or so.  After one of these, the sun came out and I stepped outside and discovered that the wind was almost completely calm. If I'm a sucker for flowers, it's even worse when the flower is wet.

Just outside the porch door is a pot of calibrachoa.  These are only an inch across so the camera was within an inch or two of them and the exposure was somewhere around 12 seconds, so you can see what I mean about the wind being absent.



Just behind these are the hostas, which were the subjects of some of my favorite photos when I was shooting 4x5 photo paper.


I cought this peony in the act of blossoming.


This one had been open for some time, and as usual, was bent over by the rain.


And the irises, which I had propped up from being knocked over by the rain a week earlier, were still there.


All with the Populist. .15mm pinhole 24mm from 24x36mm frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment