Friday, April 14, 2017


Guess which one they did this time? Before surgery.

Sorry about not taking more pictures in the hospital, but I was strapped to a bed. Dawn, Wednesday morning, the third day. The half hour before my pain medication was due.

15 steps. Otherwise, I've always enjoyed living in a two-story house. Needed the walker to reach the shutter and I couldn't move my hand and the walker out of the sunbeam fast enough before they exposed the film.

In order to minimize swelling which inhibits healing, you're not supposed to get out of bed for more than 40 minutes at a time and only a couple of those.  Exercises in bed four times a day. Ice for 20 minutes after each session. This is most of my world.

Visited by a pillow. This is what I'm looking at most of the time. I'm suppose to use a chair with arms to do some of the exercises.

I enjoyed having these two windows to illuminate the room, except when I could hear people enjoying the outdoors through them. Sarah tied the curtains back to make more light.

You're also supposed to walk 5-10 minutes every hour. This is the entire length of our upstairs hallway.  Seven steps. Then you have to turn around. If there's anything wrong looking here - yes, I've read the manual.  It's OK. I've done this before.

Being around a lot, some times you find yourself in the right place at the right time.  These little spectrally smeared refracted images of the sun are projected to the front of the house from a prismatic wind chime in the west window. Did you notice it in the picture of the stairway?  Also smeared into ovoids a little bit by the sixty second exposure. The chair has three separate shadows.

Sarah's been growing fresh herbs in there.  Everything has been delicious.

You never know what you're going to find in there.  OK, I admit it.  This was over on the bed and I moved it to where the light was better.  I'm bored.

And, in the bookcase, the busking bear on Baker St.

All with Portra 400. .28mm pinhole 45mm from 6x6cm frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment