Monday, November 6, 2023

The pageant of the seasons.

I reloaded the new Silver Dragon with color film because I was impressed by the quality of the pinholes and by the pictures from the roll of color film I exposed on the Photo Opp photowalk several weeks ago and also, to make use of the capacity of the C-41 kit I bought in August. I ended up being seduced by autumn color.

Revisiting the maples on the way up Mosquito Hill.



New lighting in the kitchen and the pantry. They also replaced the spot above the refrigerator which burnt out about 15 years ago which has been jammed in the fixture.



In addition to keeping your verticals parallel, a rising front on a wide angle camera gives a strange look that's different from normal human vision. It might be interesting to lower the camera and use the rising pinhole.



A group of gourds in the sunshine.



A palette of pumpkins in a sun beam below the kitchen table.



With a ninety degree camera you have to get very close to fill the frame with a Halloween Tree ornament. It's only about 3cm away, which would make this 1:1 macro. 



Lights and jack-o-lanterns on the bakers rack on the lanai.


 
The magnolia and a few other trees on Central Street in their autumn outfits.




Hot peppers that came with the black goth plant above them. I'm the first one to say sharpness isn't the point, but it's fun to see how good a pinhole I can drill. You probably have to do a Save Image As to see it, but the porch screen at the upper left is resolved even better than in one of the images from the last roll.



I don't know if the Dragon had anything to do with it, but winter arrived for a bit on Halloween morning.  Another with that trick of the low camera with the rising front.



The same view as before with a little chillier feeling.



The hot peppers cooled by the snow.


A week later it's 67° F.

The Silver Dragon has .23mm pinholes on the axis and 11mm above the axis, 30mm from a 6x6cm frame. The very curly Kodak Gold 200 was the sixth roll developed in Arista.edu's quart liquid C-41 kit. I'm kind of impressed. I did my usual adjustments, but hardly any color balance correction.



No comments:

Post a Comment