Friday, July 5, 2024

Masters of The Evil Cube

 Photo credit: Sophie Gattermair / https://sophie-gattermair.at/

I don't often hear from people who use my designs to make cameras, maybe only five or six times since I've been doing my blog, so it was pretty nice to get an email from Klaus Taschler from the Master School for Communication Design in Linz, Austria. After several years of using containers for one-shot, photo-paper cameras, he gave his students an additional challenge to make cameras that used film and chose the Evil Cube for their project.

They look really well made. The class designed winders to be 3D printed, which is an improvement over my wooden dowels, and also modified the tripod mount, another sensible change. I was relieved to see they used the new Compact Series template with it's more reliable film advance.

They made a small video about the project. My favorite part is at 48 seconds where she winds the film effortlessly.


I'll let the school blog tell the story and show you the pictures.

If anybody else wants to try something like this, I'd love to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment